Preplanning your funeral is not new. We plan for vacations, weddings, and doctor’s appointments,education, job changes and moving to make the transitions easier for ourselves and our families. We buy health, home, life and auto insurance to protect us in the event of a crisis. Equally important is discussing your funeral preferences with your family and even setting aside funds for your final expenses.
It’s not easy to talk about…but it is a matter of when, not if.
Of all the ways we can express love for each other, one of the most thoughtful is planning for a funeral before the need arises.
By preplanning your funeral, you:
- Relieve your loved ones of the emotional burden of decision making at a time of grief by having all of your affairs in order.
- Reserve money for a future need, protecting against rising costs.
- Have the peace of mind that knowing your desires are documented and fulfilled, and your loved ones won’t have to guess or argue about your wishes.
Since ancient times, people honor the unique life of those they love with a special tribute. Funeral services help survivors face the reality of death, the first important step in working through grief. The funeral gives friends and relatives an opportunity to express their love and respect for someone who was very important to them. They share the grief of their loss, comfort one another, and help one another with adjusting to a new phase of life.
One of the most satisfying benefits of planning ahead is in knowing that your wishes and desires are aligned with your financial circumstances. Preplanning with pre-payment:
- Guarantees your family will never pay more for the selected guaranteed funeral goods and services.
- Saves money by planning and funding tomorrow’s funeral at today’s costs.
- Ensures that your family won’t be burdened with extra expenses while your savings are tied up in probate, depleted by taxes, unexpected healthcare costs, or diminished by early withdrawal penalties.
- Provides peace of mind for you and your family, by ensuring that your funeral service is the way you wanted it.
- Gives you the opportunity to have all of your questions answered.
- Your Berndt-Ledesma Funeral Home director handles the tedious legal, financial, and insurance paperwork while your family is grieving.
Know that all of the details are taken care of and show your loved ones how much you care once again.
Call Berndt-Ledesma Funeral Home at (262) 673-4700 or complete our convenient Request Form today to get started.
Berndt-Ledesma Funeral Home
226 S. Main St.